Sunday, November 14, 2010

Ishmael at Tsardyer


I went to Shang last Friday for the 2pm screening of Dagim which is one of the entries in Cinema One Originals Digital Film Festival. Before heading to Ortigas, I have to meet a nice Jedi in Enterprise Bldg in Ayala as we both are watching the film.  I did insist that we catch a few ORIGINALS films, saying “let’s go Pinoy this time!” Unfortunately, the traffic was awfully bad! We got there past 3PM.  We waited for the 5PM screening for the next film Ishmael.

 If am an expert then maybe I can elaborately write on how good  or how bad the movie was but then I am not, and so I am not going that way. What was very evident to me was the bad audio from time to time. We enjoyed the film and the Actors were all good! How can you be disappointed when you have Ronnie Lazaro, Mark Gil and Pen Medina in one film? The brutal and bloody scenes towards the end was strangely good.

After Ishmael we had Bibingkinitan , Starbucks Coffee (3 more stickers for the planner!) and juicy stories to feed us.   We both decided to watch the next film, Tsardyer which lucky for us was having the gala premier. Here are some celebs we saw in the cinema lobby: Tsardyer lead stars Dimples Romana and Mon Confiado, Jennica Garcia was there to watch the film too,hey that face looks familiar, taga GMA ba yan? “, “kilala ko yan eh…di ko lang matandaan pangalan…pero lumalabas sa TV yan”and sino nga ba yan..galing Starstruck yan diba?” were all there to support the film. I apologize to have such limited knowledge on local celebs as I don’t have TV so long now. And the only time I watch Pinoy movies in theater is during the December Filmfest and it’s always Bong Revilla’s entry and Vic Sotto’s  Enteng movie! And why not? Vic’s Enteng is so corny it makes me laugh. Bong Revilla spend so much money doing better films and that’s enough reason for me to support his filmfest entry. Jedi and I, we don’t really have the urge to take pictures of celebs or have our picture taken with them. Unless it’s with Johnny Depp for Jedi and it’s with Jude law and Morgan Freeman for me then we will gladly strike a pose!  Oppss..I should be talking about Tsardyer right?  Let me just sum up our Tsardyer experience with one simple word courtesy of Jedi: Headache.


I may watch another one today and it’s a choice between Layang Bilanggo, starring Pen Medina, Miriam Quiambao, Jaime Fabregas, Sue Prado and Archie Adamos  at 11:30AM or Dagim with stars Martin Del Rosario, Samuel Quintana, Bembol Roco, Rita Iringan, and Marc Abaya 9:30PM.

Screening Schedule is here.

Did I mentioned that all of the films working budget was just 1M?

I know a friend who is submitting an entry for next year’s festival.  Congratulations to you my friend for the courage. Goodluck!




No comments: