Monday, November 15, 2010

Lechon,Kape at Ang Layang Bilanggo


Bej texted at around 7:00AM yesterday. She wanted me to jump out bed to meet her and Precy in Legaspi Sunday (Organic) Market. Yawning, I asked myself...di ba 7am is too early to be in a crowded place on a supposed to be lazy Sunday morning?"Not at all… if the reward includes a mouthwatering lechon for breakfast" was the prompt reply of those voices inside my head.  Please understand that I do not have control or influence over them. They're just too many and so i was easily outnumbered!

Bej and Precy both have Fresh Chinese Lumpia while I was salivating over my lechon meal! Ahaha. Takaw!

My Sunday breakfast

Gerry Villena’s  Z.E.N. (Zestful, Energetic,Natural) is a usual stop when I am in Legaspi Sunday Market. It’s my source of all organic personal care products. I bought some organic soap for my friend Cassandra. I have been using organic soaps, moisturizer, body scrubs and shampoo since Cassandra introduced ZEN to me a couple of years ago. Unlike Lush products with very overpowering scents ( nakakahikang  bango)  ZEN’s are mildly scented. 

Phtoto is from http://youwerewatched.livejournal.com

After breakfast, we went to Shangri-La Mall to catch the 11:30 screening of Layang Bilanggo which is another entry to Cinema One Originals Digital Film Festival.  I wish Metro’s everyday traffic would be as light as yesterday’s….thanks to Pacquiao vs Margarito!  


I had my  "I belong" moment yesterday...inside the cab!



 We arrived at Shang with a just a few people inside the mall. We went to Starbucks for coffee (and stickers) while waiting for the film screening.  No one was in Starbucks! I mean there was a few...but isn’t it an unusual sight on a family day morning. I would normally see bunch of parents reading the morning paper with their favorite lattes and kids with their frappes! Thanks to the Pacquiao vs Margarito fight we didn’t have any trouble finding a good area to seat!


Bej and Precy

I wasn’t expecting much from Layang Bilanggo. I wanted to watch the film merely because Pen Medina is the main lead. And Miriam Quimbao being one of the lead stars is just an extravagant bonus. 

Layang Bilanggo is a must-see film! Everyone was great down to the support roles. This is how Pinoy movie should be. The lines were fantastically natural, something that we hear in real life. Intense drama with no hysterics and no flooding of tears is such a winner. As the story unfolds with loads of  human drama, you will be amazed to get a good laugh along the way!  

Here’s the screening schedule:  festival will end tomorrow, Tuesday (11-16-20100

    15 November, 2010 (Monday)
    11:30  -  Astro Mayabang
    01:30  -  Dagim
   03:30  -  Layang Bilanggo
   05:30  -  Ang Damgo
   07:30  -  Tsardyer
   09:30  -  Ishmael

   16 November, 2010 (Tuesday)
 12:00  -  Layang Bilanggo
  02:00  -  Ang Damgo
  04:00  -  Third World Happy
  06:00  -  Tsardyer
  08:00  -  Dagim
  10:00  -  Astro Mayabang




No comments: