Thursday, November 4, 2010

My Misfortune with Kiat-Kiat

I am not feeling well since yesterday and all the while I thought I’d be down with flu.  I have to ask Niknok to attend a briefing for the Climb Against Cancer on my behalf. Well, he wasn’t able to attend either. He overslept!

I was having difficulty breathing and was bothered by a lot of smelly stuffs: the shirt I was wearing, my shampoo, my lipstick, my pillows, my room, my pressed powder, my lotion, my moisturizer, the pork barbeque I was about to eat and so on. Hika! Hinihika ako! So, here comes my asthma meds!

Suddenly I wanted to go to  Divisoria to buy Kiat-kiat to soothe my sore throat. Salabat with Honey is doing wonders to my inflamed throat but I kept thinking about Kiat-kiat!  Been thinking how juicy this little orange fruit is. Easy to peel too! I know someone who’s an expert peeler, unfortunately…I am not.
photo is from:  http://youwerewatched.livejournal.com

It was already late to go to Divi so I went to a grocery near my place hoping to find Kiat-kiat there. This is the second Ber month and I am sure it won’t be hard to find this tiny orange fruit in the grocery store or sidewalks this time of the year. I was wrong. No Kiat-kiat in the grocery store! Bakit ganon? Dapat lahat ng tindahan may tindang kiat-kiat! Even the suking tindahan sa mga kanto!

 Malamang maraming hinihika kasi ulan-init ang panahon! At lahat ng may hika eh gusto ng kiat-kiat! Too bad for me...naubusan ako.....tsk tsk tsk

Isn't this fruit suppose to bring good fortune to people?  ----sigh---

No comments: